Olive oil contains health-promoting bioactive components, like polyphenols. Various polyphenols contained in extra virgin olive oil help to prevent diseases related to oxidative stress, as well as they have very important anti-inflammatory properties.
Oxidative stress and chronic inflammation are among the most important drivers of many diseases like heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and arthritis.
Numerous recent studies claim that the consumption of olive oil rich in bioactive components, have:
- Cardioprotective effects in many aspects, like reduced risk for coronary heart disease and cardiovascular diseases, reduced diastolic blood pressure (etc.)
- Antioxidant properties, like protecting blood lipids from oxidative stress (approved EU health claim, 2012), namely preventing LDL cholesterol oxidation
- Anti-inflammatory activity, reducing inflammation indicators in humans consuming regularly extra virgin olive oil
- Anti-cancer activity, contributing to the lower incidence of various types of cancers like breast and colorectal
- Positive modulation of Gut microbiota. A recent review of randomized control trials supports the prebiotic action of polyphenols
Are all extra virgin olive oils the same?
The answer is apparently “No”, as to benefit from the above health positive activities, you need to regularly consume an olive oil rich in bio phenols. We, in Olivian Groves, are proud to present to the world market our high-phenolic content extra virgin olive oil, awarder once more respectively from “The Olympia Health and Nutrition Awards Committee” as significantly exceeding the requirements of the EU health claim concerning olive oil polyphenols (EU Regulation No432/2012):
“Olive oil polyphenols contribute to the protection of blood lipids from oxidative stress”.
This claim may be used only for olive oil which contains at least 5 mg of hydroxytyrosol and its derivatives per 20g of olive oil.
Why we achieve these sustainable and remarkable results?
Because this oil comes exclusively from our Olive Groves in the land of Peloponnese, where with our extra care throughout the whole year, combining traditional cultivation techniques with all recent best practices suggested and applied from our scientists and optimizing every step from planting to harvesting and from oil extraction to the best conditions of storage and packaging, we provide this as said “liquid gold” to our respected consumers.